Need some information about the Gwangju life?
There are a number of groups on Facebook and various websites that provide up-to-date information to help any traveler. A few specialize in providing information about specific topics.
1) Say Kimchi–Obviously, a number one choice. We pride ourselves on giving an overview of Gwangju through links, informationa and personal narratives. Need a review on a local Korean restaurant? Want information on how to get started as teacher abroad? Confused by the Korean culture? Say Kimchi easily provides information that any teacher can find useful and educational.
2) Gwangju Facebook Group–This Facebook groups includes a good amount of people with a vast amount of information on Korean living. You can find any question and answer on Korean culture, language, food, places and even travel outside of Korea. This is also a good group to meet fellow teachers and Koreans who live in the area.
3) Gwangju Korean Learners CLUB–Now that you’ve met a few people, it’s best to learn some Korean language. Here you can find FREE Korean lessons provided by local, native Korean speakers. The group meets for class once a week and is usually followed by dinner and activities. This is a great hands-on group for learning the language and meeting new people.
4) Gwangju Foodies–Want to find the best eats in Gwangju? The Gwangju Foodie Facebook group is dedicated towards finding the best restaurants, recipes and food savings. Many people on here also post additional information on where to find those hard to find ‘Western’ goodies.
5) Lonely Korea–Want to travel and get to know Korea? This is truely a great way to travel, meet people and fulfill that desire for adventure. Lonely Korea is anything but lonely. Many people attend these tours and experience the best Korea has to offer.
6) One Stop–This group focuses on buying and selling in Korea. When you first get here you will need some new things to buy. When you’re about to move, you’ll definitely need to sell. The best way to do this is through the Facebook group One Stop.
7) GIC— Gwangju International Center is located downtown and helps to provide additional information about everything Korea. You can find anything in their magazines from myths debunked, interviews with locals and events in and around Gwnagju.
There are many more groups that cater to specific activities and purposes.
The best thing about Gwangju, is that once you get here you will truely feel welcomed and informed.